10 things to do in Fife when staying at Hawkswood House & The Roundel
Posted on: March 22, 2016
- Hill of Tarvit Mansion – owned by the National Trust of Scotland, this Edwardian mansion has a fine collection of antiques, furniture and Chinese porcelain as we as paintings by Sir Henry Raeburn, Allan Ramsay and Dutch masters.
- Scottish Deer Centre – Set in 55 acres of the Fife countryside around Cupar and boasts 14 species of deer from around the world, a wolf pack, otters and wildcats. It also hosts the Raptor World Bird Prey centre.
- Walk, Ride or Swim on St Andrews beach – one of Scotland’s most stunning beaches and a must when visiting St Andrews
- St Andrews Aquarium – boasting one of the finest coastal locations in the historic town of St Andrews, the aquarium is home to British sharks, lobsters and lionfish, as well as poison dart frogs, piranhas and seals.
- Scottish Fisheries Museum – This fascinating museum at Anstruther harbour, complete with shop and tea room, it tells the story of how through a process of innovation, the Scottish fisheries became such an important part of the lives of so many Scots.
- Crail Pottery – set around a beautiful courtyard in the heart of historic Crail, Crail Pottery produces a diverse range of stoneware, terracotta planters, raku and bright hand painted earthenware.
- Kellie Castle – dating from the 14th century, the National Trust’s Kellie Castle has magnificent plaster ceilings, painted panelling and fine furniture designed by Sir Robert Lorimer. There is also an arts and crafts garden.
- British Golf Museum – Located in St Andrews over 500 years of golfing history is on display here. The museum has had a recent remodelling and is open all year round.There is also a shop and cafe on site
- Coastal routes – a walkers delight around East Neuk and will give you spectacular views walking through the coasting fishing villages. With many coffee shops and pubs en route for the odd rest
- And of course golf – the plethora of magnificent golf courses in Fife make this a paradise for any golfer.