Am I an agent?
Posted on: November 18, 2016
Many clients have spoken to me over the years who are new to Sales & Marketing Representation and presume I am an agent. Well I am here to tell you I am not and how does Sales Representation vary from an agent?
- I work for key properties doing the role of a sales person instead of them recruiting personnel internally.
- I work with and in addition to any in house teams.
- I am pro-actively working to gain further awareness on only specific properties and venues.
- When I take an enquiry I can only and do only, quote a property that I represent the sales representation for. Unlike at agent who has acts for no specific property.
- Sales & Marketing Representation does not work on a commission structure which enables me to sell to many agents and they retain all the commission.
- There is a greater loyalty for a particular property as my reputation in the quality of product and service they offer reflects a greater deal on my business.
- Sales Representation can be done by way of maintaining the property branding for example having their company email in order to respond to clients under their logo.
- And lastly carrying out sales & marketing representation requires creative ideas and always thinking out of the box for my clients.